Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Destination Wyoming


We set off for the Pittsburgh airport at 5:30 am.  Arrived in Salt Lake City just before 2 pm local time.  It's been a while since I flew into Salt Lake.  As you descend, the mountains grow bigger on each side of the wide valley.  Everyone on the plane silently stares out the window - all immersed in this 3D movie.  It envelops you - stark, grand, snow covered peaks - and at the same time there is a feeling of wide open spaces with that big sky of the west.
At the airport I suddenly remembered, as I saw the "Welcome Sundance" signs, that our filmmaker friends Joe and Dean are HERE.  We got our rental, headed toward Wyoming on I-80 and I called them.  'Joe, you will never guess where I am'.  "You're in Utah at Sundance", he said.  (I think he is intuitive) We were driving right past and met for a late lunch.  So, an unexpected turn in our great adventure.  Cindy and I can now say we were at Sundance!  Ok, actually, we can say we had lunch with Joe and Dean while they were at Sundance.  It was great to hear about their experiences so far and I'll later post links to whatever they are sharing about it.  
A short lunch and back on the road.  We picked up our equipment at the warehouse in Green River, WY and finally made it to our hotel.  A very long day.  Tomorrow I will post some photos from the drive - before it got dark.  Tonight, I'm charging batteries - both mine and those we need to use underground in the days ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment