Saturday, April 4, 2020

Embrace Love

Generally, I avoid getting into situations that may cause conflict. It's just not who I am or want to be. I like being around people who are fun loving, kind, and generally have a positive outlook. They experience hardship and disappointment. They've been hurt at times. But rather than harden themselves, they become more tender and caring. Being around them is uplifting. It makes me want to be a better person.
Engaging with angry, bitter, and distrustful people does the opposite. It tempts me to return anger, to feel bitter, and to be less trustful - especially in relation to them. It's spiritually wrong. We are commanded to love one another.
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth."
So how do we love through conflict and disagreement? We may need to step away. We may need to distance ourselves and become introspective. Put on a shield of love. Find safe space and pray not just for them but that you may be more loving in all the ways "Love is". Be patient. Be kind. Do not envy. Do not boast. Shed pride. Do not engage in rudeness. Don't flame anger. Keep no record of perceived  wrong-doing. Don't look for evil. Seek joy in truth.
At the moment, I am thankful that someone reminded me to look at my spiritual self in the face of anger.
I embrace love and loving memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment