Sunday, August 2, 2020

"Herd Immunity"

I hate that I have to figure out if we share the same level of concern about the Covid-19 or not. I'm doing the extra immune system boosting and have been since early this year. I'm doing the best I can to protect my employees and family. I limit my potential exposure. I don't do crowds. I'm not trying to be one of the herd.
Herd immunity” speaks something different to me. It says, let the strong survive. I'm doing the extra immune system boosting. I'm avoiding exposing others to risk. I'm part of the herd that is “at risk”. I'm not a herd person. I'm a “least of these” person.
There has never been a “cure” for the common cold. Herd immunity has not solved it. But the common cold has not killed people in numbers that warranted counting. Other corona virus's have. Flu has.
If “all” corona virus's are measured now in the new testing, does that mean that past testing has included all corona virus's too? Should we look at those as suspect numbers too? If so, do the new numbers show a spike (actually)? Or did those corona virus tests target better? If they did, why?
I need to know what the data tells us. How many deaths are listed as covid-19 that have not been confirmed? I need to know. And if they are reported falsely, I want to know to know why and we should all want to correct that.
Demand better! I don't care what your political perspective is! If you believe we don't have the information right, we cannot get things right until we get on the same page. Truth is true. Period. We need to do whatever it takes to overcome the barriers to getting things right.
Do you want a herd of 1000 or a herd of 10,000? This part of the herd would like to be around a while longer. But I'm beginning to think I'm not so keen on being part of the herd that sees things the other way. I hate that I have to figure out if we share the same level of concern for our brothers and sisters. My immune boost may be something much more spiritually based.

1 comment:

  1. https://www.postandcourier.com/health/covid19/fact-check-do-sc-hospitals-and-doctors-inflate-the-number-of-covid-19-deaths/article_8ec4ea88-d59f-11ea-85c6-c7e2603e5c67.html

    Here's a link to THE POST & COURIER that debunks the rumor that hospitals and coroner's are using COVID as a financial incentive.

    ReplyDelete