Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Ask me why I hate....

 If you ask me, "Why do you hate...", let me stop you right there. Spiritually, hatred is something I work very hard to avoid. I am vehemently opposed to some things and very repulsed by some things but I work very hard not to let the hardness of hatred take root in my spirit. Hatred blinds the opportunities of love. Love conquers all. I claim love as the source of my power.

It's very hard. It takes work and discipline. It means disengaging from the flash points - those comments, memes, situations - that could fuel those undercurrents that I suspect everyone has within. It means turning and embracing those things that I wish to be associated with spiritually. Honor, compassion, encouraging one another to reach for better, understanding, kindness, nurturing, truth, consistency, and most of all LOVE.

It is loving to help someone see how they can be better. It is loving to insist that someone be truthful and honorable. We don't do that by name calling or character assassination. We do that by inspiration and honoring them. And sometimes we have to do that by standing back and letting them fall while being ready to reach out our hand to lift them up.

Ask me why I don't hate and I will talk all day. I'll talk about how I see another way. If you ask me why I hate, I may have a question for you. Why do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment