Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Our awesome connection

Often I am touched with a powerful sense of awe.  It's an overwhelming feeling of humility and at the same time a great connectedness to that greater force.  It can happen when I'm singing and hear another sweet voice harmonizing with me.  It can happen when I stare at the stars on a perfect summer night.  It can happen when I see Molly Mutt Paws cock her head as I tell her some odd thing.  I feel it when suddenly words and music dance in my head that I must write down.  I just know that my spirit has been connected to something more.  I feel small and large at the same time.
When I travel to foreign countries, I marvel.  I see ancient things and wonder.  Why was I born now?  Why was I born in Franklin Pennsylvania?  Time and space are so large.  We are so small.  Our life on earth is so short.  And yet, I am a part of all that ever was and all that ever will be.  I am a tiny speck in the universe but I am part it.
Everything we do leaves an impression that carries on somehow.  Everything - every thought - every deed - every word.
We are part of one giant continuum.  It does not matter what you call that.  You may call it God or nature or Woooogaaa if you like.
It is the alpha and the omega - The omnipotent, omnipresent.  It is part of everyone and everything that ever was and ever will be.  It is the simple, universal and undeniable truth.
Everything we say - everything we do - everything we think creates something in the universe that carries on somehow.  We may never know how - good or bad.
I believe that understanding needs to be at the core of everyone's personal spiritual journey.
For me it is very humbling and comes with a feeling of great awe and great responsibility.
We are at the same time a tiny speck and part of something endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment