Saturday, June 13, 2020

March in Joyful Unity

Today - right here in Franklin - there was a Black Lives Matter mark that was well attending. It was PEACEFUL and a call to stop the violence and intrusion that has been directed at blacks and many others of color.
On the fringes were men with AR15's. To me, weapons are not a call for peace. I recognize that they have a right in this country to display such things. They believed they were protecting something. It seems they are afraid and feel a need to walk around with weapons to feel less afraid.
I also have great respect and confidence in our Police force here. That's why I no longer have a weapon in my home as I did when I lived in the country. Why the fear?
Those who march for BLM here believe in peace, justice for all and a nation of unity behind the the aspiration of Equality for All. I have no fear in joining them. I am overjoyed that this community is demonstrating that belief!
Those who are fearful enough to carry automatic weapons, cannot steal the Joy I feel. We need to march right past them in peace. We need to march right past them to create a better world. We need to focus on what we are marching FOR. March past resistance and keep marching. March in JOYFUL unity.

No comments:

Post a Comment