Months ago a friend recommended that I watch the documentary "The Topp Twins: Untouchable Girls" and I finally did. It is fantastic!!!
The Topp Twins have been mesmerizing audiences down under in New Zealand for decades. A singing duo with great talent, crazy skit characters, and deep commitments, these women reach people with their humor and charm. The Prime Minister calls them "a national treasure".
Farm girls - they traveled the country in a wagon pulled by a tractor, performing in small towns and packing the house. Their skit characters are homespun, eccentric and became so popular, the twins had their own television series.
Oh - and they happen to be lesbians.
Here are some things I walked away with at the end of the documentary.
1) Develop your talents and share them generously.
2) Don't let anyone define you in a way that is not true to the real you.
3) Never forget where you came from.
4) Deep roots are good. Great humor is even better.
5) Do what you do out of genuine love.
You can watch this documentary instantly on Netflix. "The Topp Twins: Untouchable Girls". They will make you laugh while they make you think. I like that.