Thursday, March 15, 2012

Today and Tomorrow

Life is full of peaks and valleys.
Some years ago a good friend said our best hope is for the lows not to be too low and our highs not so high that we can't sustain them.
I learned very young that we are not promised tomorrow. This moment is what we have for sure. We are all reminded of that from time to time. Today I was. And my heart is with two young people who know their mother's time is limited on this earth.
My heart aches for that family. Tomorrow it could be you - it could be me - on the short end - or on the grieving end.
Then I can't help thinking about all the crazy, unnecessary dramas we create for one another and wonder what we would do - if we knew - if we really knew - tomorrow is not promised.
That friend who talked about the highs and lows said something else - she said, put any issue on a scale of 1 to 10 - 10 being death. Where it rates is a good indication of how much energy you should put into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment