Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Lower Standards for white people?

During this most unusual political cycle, I've mused about a few things.
For example, what would the reaction be if Donald Trump's words were coming out of President Obama's mouth?
What if it was Barack Obama who said, "I could walk down 5th avenue and shoot somebody and they'd still love me"?
Or if he said, "I've said if Sasha(Ivanka) weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her."
What would the reaction be if President Obama said a former POW was not a hero because he was captured?
Who would be outraged if President Obama mocked a disabled journalist or made disparaging remarks about a woman's looks?
Any rational person would be outraged.
I guess some people lower their standards for white men.
And it appears that an Obama's words coming out of a white woman's mouth are viewed by some people as being superior as well.
What are your standards?

No comments:

Post a Comment