Friday, July 3, 2009

Dreams can be funny

I'm very curious about dreams.  I find it most curious that we could be surprised by something in our own dream.  If our own minds are creating them, how could we not know what is going to happen next?  Where do dreams come from?
Last night I had a pretty funny one.  A really big blackbear kept following us everywhere.  I can't tell you specifically who "us" was but I know it was a small group of people.  The bear wasn't particularly frightening, except to on-lookers who were disturbed to see a bear so out of place.  And we were getting a bit annoyed with him.
Finally, I decided he was just lonely and needed something to do.  So, I dressed him up in a bear outfit and set him up to lecture about what bears like to do.  Suddenly he was a talking bear and everyone loved him.  It was a big hit and he was too busy to bother us any more.
During my dream the entire situation was very serious and plausible.  But when I woke up, I thought it was one of the funniest dreams I've ever had.
Reading about the symbolism of bears in dreams didn't really shed any light on my dream bear.
Maybe it's the beginning of a good kids story.  

No comments:

Post a Comment